Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Annie's off to Ghana


We started Annie's farewells on Sunday after church. We had several families over for a prayer and fellowship time with Annie. We anointed her, blessed her, and covered her in prayer. We also had fun fellow shipping all afternoon. Monday I asked Annie what she wanted to do. I knew there were several of her friends who still wanted to get together with her, so if she wanted to go to town I wanted her to. My awesome Annie blessed me instead. She stayed home. She told me that the one other thing she wanted to do was to set up the baby bed. Wow!! We had several of her favorite meals and she got up in the attic, brought down the baby bed, bedding, clothes, bouncy seat, bath tub, etc. She washed all the bedding and set up the baby bed. Wow!! Wow!! I'm all teary eyed again!!! Today we had a crazy morning. We headed to Fed Ex at 8a.m. to pick up Annie's visa that was to be over night ed, went to get her last round of Hep vaccine, and on to Cornerstone Christian School so one of the classes that is studying Africa could meet her and send her off with prayer. One of our old pastor's was there too which made it extra special. On to the airport. Check in the baggage. Oops!!! over weight, way overweight!! An extra $360.00 ouch!! We hugged,and hugged,
and hugged,and hugged,
loved, hugged some more
and prayed some more with one of our very special friends who came to see Annie off. And off she went. Annie, we love you so much!!
We pray God's abundant blessings upon you as you journey with the King of Kings.

5 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

Blessings, Annie! Our prayers are with you.

(I don't comment often- it took half an hour to get this to work this time! But I do read your blogs.)
~Tammy~ (Becky and Tommy's Mom)

Anonymous said...

Know that we are praying for Annie and you all, because we know that there will be lots of hard times on both sides, but we are praying that the joy will surpass all the tears. Blessings.
Katy

Julie Zesch said...

Thanks Tammy, I completely understand about the tech part. A,J, and P used to do all the blog. I have had to learn to keep up. LOL
Blessings,
Julie

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Julie - you've been in my prayers (I can comment here but no where else LOL).

That airport is the scene of so many truly wonderfull hellos and goodbyes for our family. Hard goodbyes...but beneficial.

Is Annie going to blog from Africa? Does the ticker at top mean that she is going to be gone 7 months?

How sweet and wonderful to ahve the baby things all set up.

Trusting Jenny and Patty are home soon.

terriw said...

oh my word... just sitting here crying reading your blog. I can't believe our sweet little Annie is all grown up and off on such an exciting adventure. Jules wasn't that a just a few years ago you were trying to decide with your first child what to do about kindergarten? and it just seems not so long ago I was watching your 2 sweet little girls! God is so good. What an incredible women you have raised and how blessed you are to have her be with Holly and Joel. Love you much!!