Monday, February 15, 2010

Sling shots, glass, and Joy

Today Mommy had some stuff to do in town so Jenny, Patty and I watched the kids.
Cindy also had to go to town so she brought Hayden, Jordan, and Samuel over to play. The kids all enjoyed being together and played outside a lot today. Joy, Jordan and Joshua were playing in the Storage building and the boys were playing outside.
Matthew had his sling shot and was shooting rocks at things. One rock accidentally hit the already broken window of the storage building causing glass to fly inside where Joshua, Joy and Jordan were playing. Jordan came running to the house and told me that Joy was crying and Matthew had gotten glass in the storage building. Jordan was followed very closely by Joshua who told me that Joy had glass in her eye.
Joshua is prone to exaggeration and I thought that Joy had just gotten scratched by glass on her cheek or something close to her eye. I told them to tell Joy to come over here, she came crying and holding a hand over one eye. I looked in her eye and sure enough there was a piece of glass in it. I asked one of the kids to get me a Q tip and VERY carefully got the glass out of her eye. Of course while all this is happening Cindy drives up to pick up the kids and I got Jenny and Patty to help make sure they took home everything that they brought.
I did not get any pictures taken of Joy but she is feeling much better and I am very thankful that Joy's eye was the only injury from the incident.
Matthew got a lesson in never shooting his slingshot close to any buildings or vehicles, and we all lived happily ever after.
Just another day in the Zesch Household : )
Annie

1 comment:

Jared said...

I don't know what to say...um, wow!! lol