Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Only Six

The big girls are all helping with a House of Faith Camp this week, so we have downsized. It doesn't matter how many are gone. I always miss them. It can be one or two and we feel incomplete. It is really neat, however to watch the middle children step up to the plate and really help out. I've had the middle J's help with reading to the little's at nap time while I finish in the kitchen. They have also been helping with supper every night. They have always had some responsibility such as setting the table or making a salad at meal time, now they are getting to help prepare a big part of the meal. JJ and JK have also been tending to most of our laundry. Its a blessing to watch the responsibility change take place and watch them accomplish their responsibilities with a joyful attitude, most of the time. Hee Hee. The season is changing and it is bitter/sweet as we watch our big girls stretch their wings. I love watching growth take place in our children and
at the same time its frustrating when they are stagnant. I wonder if God feels that way about us. Hmmm! I'm sure he does.

1 comment:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Julie - I so UNDERSTAND your thoughts here. Good post.

Did you lose your birth certificate too? OH - you mean BHO. Got it. ::snort::