Sunday, June 1, 2008

Fun on the Lake

Yesterday were invited to the Dickens for playing and supper. They live on the lake, and so we got to play with the tube and the jet ski since it was way to windy to do much of anything else.. It was a lot of fun,. the little kids enjoyed jumping off the dock, and Abigail and Stella had a lot of fun playing together. Here are some pics of the kids having fun.Enjoying the Jet SkiJumping off the Dock Relaxing
Stella and Abigail
Annie( The expert backer upper to far) ((See below for details LOL))


**UPDATE**
This is Jenny. I just had to post what happened to us after all the fun at the lake. LOL.
We were getting ready to go so Joy and I got on the jet ski and drove it over to the boat ramp. Annie and Patty drove the van and jet ski trailer over to the boat ramp so we could load the jet ski. So when I saw that Annie had backed the trailer into the water I drove the jet ski over there and loaded it onto the trailer. Now I have loaded the jet ski on the trailer many times before but I had not done it in a very long time. So when I loaded it I didn't give it a little gas at the end to push it up enough to get the ring through the V allowing us to put a pin through and secure the jet ski on the trailer. Annie and Patty and I tried to pick the front end up and pull it up but we were not strong enough. So I got back on the jet ski. Backed it off the trailer and reloaded it this time giving it the gas at the end to get it high enough on the trailer. Unfortunately this time I gave it too much gas which made the nose go off to the side and wedge it on the trailer pretty tight. So we tried to push the jet ski backward to get it off the trailer so we could try again. But no such luck it was wedged to tightly on the trailer. So Annie got back in the van and backed it further into the water, about as far as she could safely back the van. We hoped that in doing this the jet ski would float off the trailer, allowing us to reload it. Again, no such luck, so Annie decided to pull the van up and then back it again so that maybe the jet ski would be pushed off when it reentered the water. At this point I was still sitting on the jet ski, Patty was standing off to the side and Joy was in the van. While Patty was telling me what Annie was going to do I noticed that the little white lights underneath the tail lights were on, meaning that the van was in reverse. I told Patty "Make sure she doesn't back it up! She can't go any further back" Patty said "Shes not shes going forward." I yell back "The van is in reverse." As I'm yelling though Annie is hitting the gas hard to supposedly make it up the steep hill of the boat ramp...... except for the small factor that she is in reverse!! So as soon as she noticed that she was backing into the water. About half of the van was in the water.......well.......not really half but it sure seemed like it from behind. The exhaust was fully submerged though. Annie put it in drive and hit the gas HARD!! The tires squealed and she burned some rubber but hey she got it out of the water. AND in backing VERY far into the water. The jet ski came off the trailer. Mission accomplished. LOL. So I loaded the jet ski, a 3rd time. This time perfectly I might add. And we pulled the jet ski and trailer out of the water. Meanwhile, my parents were at the Dickens house from where you can see the boat ramp. They saw what happened, heard the tires squealing, and could do nothing to help us!! So I wish we had some pictures but we don't so. That was our extra bit of fun at the lake.
Jenny(The expert Jet Ski loader on the trailer)

Update 2
If she was and expert jet ski loader this wouldn't have happened
Annie

3 comments:

Becky said...

Oh sure don't tell us about the FUN later....

Julie Zesch said...

Jenny said that she would post about it later.
AZ

Julie Zesch said...

Here you go. LOL.
Jenny