Monday, May 4, 2009

A new garden

We've been working on a new garden for about 4 or 5 months. We have a beautiful finished product. I have a wonderful husband who has built a fabulous garden with the help of everyone else. Some helped more than others because of preplanned activities or because they were a little short on one end.
Back in January Roy rented a front end loader and hauled about a foot of caleche out of our new garden spot. Then we had good soil mixed with compost hauled in. Next came the beginnings of a fence. Roy and the girls dug 25 post holes. 4 the old fashion way and the rest with an auger. Stella checked to see if they were deep enough. They concreted all the posts in and then the welding began. Thank goodness we didn't forget a child in a hole. Hee Hee Roy had lots of want to be helpers when he was welding. Jimmie was his closest buddy, even when he was sleeping. After the fence was up we sanded it. Annie conveniently had a piano contest in Midland that weekend. Jenny swears she planned it around fence sanding. Though she in fact had nothing to do with it. Everyone helped sand. After the sanding the girls and Roy primed and painted. Then it was time to put the wire up. This made for lots of sore hands. While we were getting the fence up M,M,and S figured out they could go down the zip line if there was a loop in the rope. We planted the last two weeks and are anxiously awaiting yummy fruits and vegetables. Thank you my wonderful husband for having a beautiful vision. He sees things that don't exist so much better than I do. I'm so glad God gave me such a great guy.

2 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Impressive. I look forward to watching it grow. (You ARE going to post monthly photos aren't you?) ::snort::

Julie Zesch said...

Hey, I'm getting better at this. The girls helped a little,as I was uploading pics, the forth try Annie told me I was trying to upload a video. HaHA. Yes, we'll keep you posted.
Blessings,