Monday, August 31, 2009

Bessie, Killer, more veggies, and a Mommy's heart

Bessie is now haltered and getting gentler all the time. She has a lead rope on her so the kids can work with leading her when she is up at the house. Roy asked M&M if they wanted to ride her Sunday. They quickly agreed. HeeHee Joy and Jimmie decided that the new puppy, Killer needed some Aggie attire. Isn't she cute. I think Aggie would be a good name, though we have some friends with a dog named Aggie and Roy wants to declare her as a snake
"Killer". We canned some more this weekend. We're filling the cabinet for the fall and winter. Although, for this crew 12 jars of pickled okra won't last long. We had a great church play day at the Woodley's Sat. I forgot the camera. Bummer!! The kids swam, chased chickens, held chickens for long periods of time, and played on a slip and slide. The adults had a wonderful time fellow shipping. We saw some friends we haven't seen in a long time. It was all Good!!!

Annie is coming home today. Praise the Lord!! I have missed her bunches. My mommy heart is doing a roller coaster with her going to Ghana. I haven't commented on this yet as we were reconfirming and making sure all the details were going to work out. I'm so excited for this opportunity she has and at the same time I know I will miss her so much!! I know God has great and mighty plans for her. I pray for her divine guidance, wisdom, and protection throughout the whole trip. I have that peace that surpasses all understanding knowing our Mighty God will lead her and guide her. I also thank God for this opportunity with the Dickens family knowing she is in good hands with a godly, spirit lead family. God is so amazing how he orchestrates our lives when we are open and willingly. This was truly an orchestration of our God. Praise Him!!!

1 comment:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

{{Julie}} I understand your Mommy heart. Prayers.