Sunday, August 23, 2009

The new Ticker

I am not sure if I have posted about this yet or not.
If I have forgive me I forgot and if not then I am sure you would all like to hear about it.

Last year close to the beginning of the year I started working for the Dickens Family.
Joel is a OB/GYN, they were very interested in mission work especially Ghana since previously they had been there and visited a place called Baptist Medical Center. Baptist Medical Center is a Mission Hospital in Nalerigu. They really felt like God was calling them to Ghana and after a lot of prayer decided to go for two years and then come back and reevaluate. I worked for them for about 9 months. Sometime around October they moved to Ghana.

We have kept up with them through their blog and e mails and learned that Hollie was pregnant and was expecting in July. One time me and Mommy were talking about it and she somewhat jokingly mentioned that I could go and help with the baby after it was born, but then said, "wait a minute, what I am thinking, I don't know if I could send you all the way to Ghana."

As I got closer and closer to Graduation I was looking into different things that I was interested in doing. Nursing was one of them. As I looked at different options none of them felt quite right. I was looking into doing an LVN program at Howard this Fall but was not quite sure if I would like nursing and I didn't want to start the program, not like nursing and waste a lot of money for something I didn't like.

In June about 2 weeks after I started an Internship at House of Faith, one day while I was home, Mommy said that she wanted to talk to me. I said OK , we went and sat down and she said, " have you thought about going to Ghana to help the Dickens?" , " I said " No I have never really thought much about it." Mommy said " the last couple of weeks as I have been talking to or praying with several different people, out of the blue, they have mentioned you and the Dickens or Ghana. Daddy and I have talked and prayed a lot about it and wonder what you would think about going to Ghana and helping the Dickens and maybe helping Joel some in the hospital and being able to get a feel for nursing?"

I was a little shocked at first that Mommy would even suggest something like that but as I thought and prayed about it I felt like God was calling me to do that. We then contacted the Dickens to see if they were interested in something like that or if it would be possible. They were very interested and said that they would look at it on their side and see if it would work.

They looked into it and there is plenty for me to do. So, I am going to Ghana on the 15 of September to go help Joel and Hollie Dickens , work some in the hospital, and do some Mission work!!!!!

That is why we have the newest ticker on the blog.
Annie

No comments: