Monday, April 7, 2008

My Crazy Day

Today was a really crazy day. I knew that I was making bread today, and since we made cheese on Sunday, I had already fermented part of the flour for the bread with the whey from the cheese. After I had cleaned up breakfast, I got the liquids going for the bread and got everything ready( nothing weird yet) I started mixing the dough and adding flour, and everything was going good, I was counting the cups of flour and 17 cups came and went, but the dough was not beginning to start pulling away . I asked Mommy to come look at it and she said add more flour, I did and she came and looked at it again and said "Annie did you subtract the 3 cups of whey from your total liquids?" "No"I said " You did not tell me to." " That is your problem" Mommy said so we made another batch of liquids minus the 3 cups of whey, and split the dough and the extra liquid add flour and mixed the separate batches, and made two batches of bread, and it actually turned out pretty good. Here are some pics of my great mess.


Concentrating on not making a bigger mess:)



Annie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your right Annie girl, what a mess! :)
Cheese? Maybe you could email me more about making cheese. I have always wondered how you can do that at home. Once I wrote a report and how they make cheese, but I still couldn't help wondering about how you could do it at home. Sounds interesting.
Kt

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

All great chef's make great messes - it's a rule!