Saturday, April 26, 2008

STATE!!!

YEAH!!! State went pretty good. We left at 4:25 or so on Friday morning and we didn't stop till we got there.(even though a restroom would have been much appreciated) Triple jump was first I jumped 3 times and made it to the finals!!! On the following 3 jumps in the finals I jumped off the wrong board and barely made it in the sand. UGH!! How I did that I don't know?!?!?!
Triple Jump ( not a great pic but the best we got)

High Jump was next. Starting height was 3'6". I got second place clearing 4'6". The chick who got 1st cleared the same amount of heights as me but in less atempts and that is why she won.
High Jump

100 hurdles I got 4th but I don't know what my time was, because my friend/teammate Megan got disqualified because of a false start. We were all upset about it because usually they give you 2 chances and they only gave her one chance. Also another chick false started at the same time and she did not get disqualified because the starter didn't see her. So about the time I finished running my Coach was protesting and all that good stuff. Mom didn't get any pictures.

400 I got 6th place with a time of 1min.11 sec which is my best time by 1 second. About that time my instep on my left foot was bothering me really bad. Immediately after that I ran the 300 hurdles. My instep hurt REALLY REALLY BAD I tried streching it but it wasn't helping. I got 4th place. I twisted my right ankle on one of the last hurdles. OW!!! I could hardly walk because my instep on one foot and my ankle on the other it was not much fun.

State went very well overall and we competed well considering that TLC has 33 people in the whole high school and most other schools at the State track meet had 33 people AT THE TRACK MEET!!!

Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: